Why Traveling Is Important
10 Reasons to Travel
March 8, 2014
By Cha Jones
I believe that traveling is essential to one’s personal growth and development. When you travel, you see
Here my top 10 reasons why you should travel…
- You think you know everything….when you travel you will being to understand that you know very little and that you can learn something new. You don’t have to venture far; sometimes you can learn something by just taking a walk in your community. So, take a trip through your own community and discover something new.
- Meet new people….tired of the same boring conversations, then travel and meet some new characters in your book of LIFE. People are interesting and if you don’t travel and meet new people from different backgrounds, religions, cultures, experiences, or races, then you stay confined to what you know (see reason #1).
- Get connected….are you feeling a little disconnected? Travel allows you the opportunity to connect with other people, taste their food, and learn how they live by interacting with them in their community.
- Helps you appreciate what you have…when you see people who have less than you, and they make wonderful things happen without complaint, it gives you a different perspective. You begin to realize that you have a great deal to be thankful for in life. Often times you take for granted that you have so much to be grateful for, and traveling allows you the opportunity to see that so many people are living with so little and yet they have very rich and fulfilling lives.
- Find common threads…traveling affirms that people are more alike than they are different. When you travel, you see the human thread that weaves people together, presents mutual wants, and desires while removing the labels that separate individuals by identifiers that distinguish one’s race, gender, ethnicity, and preference.
- Helps you reflect…traveling gives you the freedom to think about what is important. People are caught up in their daily lives and often forget what they have done, whom they have met, and what is actually important to them. So, taking time to travel gives you the opportunity to reflect on what has meaning. You can finally stop and smell the roses.
- You can PLAY again…traveling gives you the right to PLAY. You have not played in a while and you need a break from the grind. Traveling is a way to let your hair down and venture out to do something that is FUN. You can regain the excitement in your life through traveling.
- Relax!!!...traveling also helps you relax and find your inner peace again. Have you been tossing and turning at night because you cannot sleep? Well, traveling is just the thing that will help you let go of all your worries and recharge your mind, body and spirit. It’s nice to find a quiet little place where no one knows your name and you can finally rest and rejuvenate.
- Get to know yourself again… it is a great time to journal and think about what makes your heart sing. Do you really know yourself since you have not taken time to quiet your mind and think about what you want, need, and desire? Travel and ask yourself what matters to you!
- Reconnect with family or friends…traveling gives you the opportunity to meet-up with people you have not seen in a while. It also allows you time to reconnect with the people that you see every day but do not take the time to engage with because you are constantly on the go. You can use travel as a way to rekindle a flame, find out what is going on, and really interact with the people that you care about you.